Previous Posts

*Fatal Seductions*
*Harry Potter Obsession!*

*SG Murders 2005*
*Life in Singapore*
*PTC=Pass The Cost!*
*We need a Justice Bao!*
*On drugs and hanging..*
*Singlish Glossary Index*
*SG Blockbusters*
*Terminal Disease*
*Election Mode 'ON'*
*Recap GE 2001 (1)*
*Recap GE 2001 (2)*
*Recap GE 2001 (3)*
*Recap 2001 - 2006*
*Of Time-bombs & Poison*


Archives

June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006


Internet Community

Singapore Window
Sg_Review
SG for Democracy
Sintercom
Mr Jeyaretnam
Singapore Rebel
SG Alternatives
JG News
Talk Rock
The Void Deck
Commentary SG
Little Speck
Talking Cock


Very Interesting Links

Dirty Shit
Interesting Shit


Voices of Common Folks

Peasant Teahouse
Sammyboy Alfresco
Coffee Shop

Speakers' Corner
Singapore-Asian Sex
Young PAP
ST Forum


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



Wednesday, June 22, 2005

My Second Kid – Son!

My career was going quite smoothly at that time. I wasn’t too happy when I was pregnant. My daughter was taken care of by my parents.. they had made clear that they are not going to care for my next babies because they would not be able to cope. And I was not going to be a housewife when my career is on track! I seriously considered abortion, but was eventually dissuaded by my hubby and colleagues.

Throughout this pregnancy, I was attached to Chief Clerk to do admin work (wahlau... damn boring!). My camp 2 I/C personally made sure I did only paperwork, and gave me lots of projects to do, such as drafting a Commanders’ Handbook.. things like that. That was the period when I learn all my computer skills. The only good thing was, I wasn’t required to wear uniforms.. so it’s slacks and T-shirt all the way!

My son chose a very nice date to indicate he was coming out – April Fools’ Day.

When I told my Chief Clerk that I felt I’m going into labor, she thought it was an April Fools’ joke. I had to convince her that it’s not before she informed my Camp 2 I/C. He immediately called the MT Sgt to asked for a GP car to send me to NUH. The GP car came but the MT Sgt didn’t want to drive.. in fact, he looked so nervous that I wouldn’t trust his driving anyway. So while my hubby drove the GP car, the MT Sgt ‘acted’ as if he was a midwife all his life and ‘taught’ me to “breathe in… breathe out...... endure.. don’t give birth in the GP car..”

So you can say we arrived in ‘military’ style at the NUH A&E… with people staring and looking.

After being checked by the midwife, she said the baby would not come out so soon.. probably another 10 hours. I did not want to waste time there (hospital charges isn’t cheap hor!).. so we went home to bathe and get the things needed. The midwife must be playing an April Fools’ joke on me.. because right after I stepped into my flat.. the pains escalated. I couldn’t even walk upright! So ended up, I took a quick bath and we went back to the hospital again.

My son came out half an hour past midnight.
(LUCKILY it was 2 April!!)










<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13750362\x26blogName\x3dMummy+Monster\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://mummymonster.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://mummymonster.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4103158261448126938', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>